I think you will understand the frustration of trying to fit all your computer gear onto your desk without making a mess:
Finding the perfect gaming desk is a lot harder than it seems! But why?
The issue is that so many different gaming desks are available online. That makes us uncertain about what type of desk will best serve our needs.
We decided to help solve the problem by creating a guide that will show you the Top 20 Gaming Desks on Amazon.
By thoroughly researching and testing gaming desks, we narrowed down the top 20. These gaming desks are split into six categories, showing you the best desks for each purpose.
Here is our shortlist of the best 20 gaming desks on Amazon.
Best Budget Gaming Desks
1 Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves
The Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped desk is probably the most affordable gaming desk that you will find online.
It features a large desk top surface. You will have ample room to get your keyboard, mouse, monitor and computer case on there. You will still have room to work on other tasks without needing to move things around.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
- Large desk space means you can easily set up your computer in one part of the desk. You can leave the other open for reading, writing notes or other work.
- The desk’s side features two open shelves, which can serve as storage spaces for books or accessories.
- The desk is available in a few assorted colors – espresso, black ebony ash, and white with Sonoma oak.
- The desk can hold up a weight of up to 100 pounds.
- Given its L-shaped nature, the desk can easily fit in the smallest of spaces.
- It will require two people to set up the desk.
- The edges of the desk are very sharp.
2 Z-Line Claremont Desk
The Z-Line Claremont Desk features a very simple design. It is a straight desk that gives you enough space to get your computer setup going. It also features a neat pull out tray for your keyboard and mouse.
The glass top on the desk gives it a very nice appearance. It is the type of desk that combines style and functionality for the modern gamer.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- The Z-Line Claremont Desk has a pullout tray where you can place your keyboard, and your mouse if you want.
- Made with a real wood veneer.
- Features a 6mm smoked tempered safety glass, which is very durable and looks incredible.
- It offers a spacious workspace.
- The desk is not L-shaped, which is a major con for gamers. While you can make the setup work, it does lack a lot of the space that you would get with the L-shaped desks.
- Even if you have help, it may take more than an hour to get this desk set up. The instructions were a little difficult to follow.
3 Topsky Computer Desk Deep L-Shaped Desk Corner Workstation Bevel Edge Design
Topsky’s L-shaped computer desk and workstation is an impressive product that would satisfy the most ardent gamers and computer users.
Whether you are hoping to play games and watch media using your setup, the Topsky can get the job done.
The item is available in two finishes – oak and walnut.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Features a bevel edge design, which makes the desk look more stylish than some of the other desks on the market.
- A very spacious desk that can double as a computer desk and a regular working desk – or could be used to set up multiple monitors.
- The setup is straightforward. Set up should take less than 30 minutes.
- Given the thin nature of the desk and its legs, expect wear and tear. The desk may not be as durable as some others.
- The desk does not feature any storage spaces on its sides.
4 Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
The Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk features a full glass surface, which gives it an appearance edge over some of the other desks in this category.
It is an L-shaped desk, which means so much space to work with. Whether you have one or three monitors, everything should fit nicely on this desk.
Its metal frame means that durability should not be an issue either.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- Made with a 6mm/5mm tempered glass.
- Includes a slide-out keyboard tray. With a tenkeyless keyboard, a mouse fits on the tray too.
- Has a tiny display shelf on the left side, which would be perfect for additional monitors or accessories.
- Features a very sturdy metal frame, along with reinforced plates on its welded joints.
- The way the desk is set up means that you could easily fit three monitors on its various surfaces, and still have room left over!
- Being a glass desk, you will need to pay attention to the cleanliness of its surfaces. The glass will stain easily. Finger and hand smudges will be visible in the sunlight.
- The desk is very heavy, at around 96 pounds. You will need one other person’s help to set up the desk.
5 Techni Mobili Deluxe Tempered Frosted Glass L-Shaped Corner Desk with Pull Out Keyboard
The Techni Mobili L-shaped computer desk is a heavy-duty option for those who are worried about damaging the more fragile desks on the market.
It features an 8mm tempered frosted safety glass on the top, along with a scratch resistant steel frame. The PVC laminate veneer legs are moisture resistant.
Its spacious L-shaped design means that fitting multiple monitors is not an issue. Or you can go with a one-monitor setup on the right side, leaving the left side open for other uses.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- The heavy-duty 8mm tempered frosted safety glass on the top of the desk means that damage is not an issue. Unless you are smashing the desk with your fist or heavy objects, it will remain intact for years.
- The steel frame is scratch resistant, and the legs are moisture resistant. Even if you spill something on your desk, there should be no lasting damage to its appearance or functionality.
- It comes with a pull-out keyboard tray, which can be placed on the other side of the desk if needed. This feature makes the desk perfect for left or right-handed users.
- The desk features a five year limited warranty.
- The desk weighs more than 110 pounds. It is certainly heavy duty, and may not be suitable for users who want something lightweight and easy to move around.
Best Mid-Range Gaming Desks
1 Defy Desk Height Adjustable Standing Desk
This Defy Desk product has a very unique design when compared to other gaming desks. It features a height adjustable top, along with a separate section for your keyboard, mouse and other accessories.
The desk can be moved around, depending on the height of your chair. You can even set up the desk to allow you to stand while you work or play your games!
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- With a completely height adjustable design, it is a sit and stand desk that is very unique to the gaming market. Sitting for hours can be problematic for our health, and such a desk would allow you to keep using your setup conveniently while standing.
- With the two-tier layer, the top layer is perfect for your laptop, monitors and other major items. The second layer is perfect for a keyboard, mouse, phone and other items.
- With a smooth and glossy back surface, the desk would look great in any type of bedroom or study décor.
- Space may be an issue on the desk. While the top layer is spacious enough for two monitors, it is not ideal for working on other things. For instance, you may not have enough space to put down a notebook and write something, while your computer setup is still in place.
- The desk can only support up to 38 pounds, which means you will have to be careful about what you place on it.
2 Leick Corner Computer and Writing Desk, Chocolate Oak Finish
A corner desk could be just what your room needs, especially if space is an issue. The Leick Corner Computer and Writing Desk combines incredible aesthetics with practical benefits for gamers.
If you are hunting for a stylish and affordable gaming desk that will allow you to store your computer case in a convenient location, this is the item for you.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- The desk is shaped in way that would allow it to fit in the corner of any room.
- Featuring a chocolate oak finish, style is something this desk has in abundance. There are black, burnished oak, dark oak iron, and mission oak finishes also available.
- Made of real hardwood, this table will last you for years.
- It features a pull out drawer that you can use for storage, or to place your keyboard.
- There are two sections are the bottom that you can use for storage. Each section can fit a full-sized computer case.
- The tabletop of the desk is not the most spacious. It is enough to fit two monitors, a keyboard and a mouse – but not much else. If you are using your keyboard on the table, you will not have space for a notepad or anything else.
- It is a very tall desk, which means you will need a taller office or gaming chair unless you want an uncomfortable gaming experience.
3 Bestar Hampton corner workstation in Sand Granite & Charcoal
The Bestar Hampton l-shaped gaming desk is the perfect combination of style and spaciousness. Featuring a sand granite and charcoal finish, the desk is as gorgeous as it is solid.
The L-shaped design ensures that space will not be an issue for gamers who want the complete setup in their room.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- The sand granite and charcoal finish gives the desk an elegant look that would not go amiss in any room or study.
- The desk’s design ensures there is a top section where you can place one or two monitors, along with a keyboard tray for your mouse and keyboard.
- The two sides of the desk allow for enough space to place other monitors, gaming accessories, speakers or paperwork.
- The desk is a mammoth 175 pounds.
- Many users complained about how long it takes to set up the desk, and we would agree. It is a painstaking process.
Most Attractive Gaming Desks
1 Coaster Home Furnishings Office Desk – Weathered Grey
Featuring a weathered grey appearance, the Coaster Home Furnishings Office Desk is perfect for gamers who want something simplistic, stylish and functional.
The desk has three drawers on the left side, which are perfect for storing files, knickknacks and computer accessories.
Made of steel, MDF, particle board and engineered veneer, the desk is a quality product that will look its best for years.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- The desk’s left sided drawers are incredible for storing work or personal items. The two drawers on the top are a smaller size, with the bottom drawer being the size of a file cabinet.
- It also comes in white, for those who want an even sleeker and modern appearance. But the weathered grey is also very stylish and impressive.
- The desk may look small, but it has enough space to put two computer monitors, a keyboard, mouse and some paperwork.
- A major issue with the desk would the placement of the computer case. Since the left side is taken up by the drawers, and the rest of the space is needed for leg room, the computer case may have to go beside the desk on the left or right – or right behind it.
2 Sauder 417586 Harbor View Corner Computer Desk A2, Salt Oak
Featuring a salt oak finish, this corner computer desk from Sauder is a top of the line product that will fit in the most stylish bedroom or study.
With a spacious L-shaped design, the desk is perfect for gamers who want a multiple monitor setup, but also want space for their other work on the same desk.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- The desk features a pull-out tray for a keyboard and/or mouse, adding to the surface space.
- There is a small cabinet on the left end of the desk, while there are three nicely sized drawers on the right side.
- The cabinet would be big enough to fit a computer case, and completely hide it from view.
- The cabinet, drawers and keyboard tray can fit in several parts of the desk, depending on how you want to assemble it.
- It does take very long to assemble, and the weighty nature of the desk means you will need a second set of hands during the process.
3 Sauder August Hill L-Shaped Desk, Dover Oak Finish
Who says you need to give up functionality when choosing a beautiful gaming desk for your room?
The Sauder August Hill L-Shaped Desk hits all the marks. It looks incredible, with a dover oak finish. And it is very practical for gamers and professionals.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- There is a file drawer on the left side of the desk that is perfect for organizing your school or work papers.
- The desk features a lower shelf along the right side, which is great for putting books and accessories. If you have a mini-ITX computer case, it would also fit in that section without a problem. Larger towers would not fit.
- The desk’s surface has a stunning laminated finish, and the body is made of engineered wood.
- The absence of a pull-out keyboard tray is noticeable from this desk. It means some of the surface area will be taken up by your keyboard and mouse.
- At 127 pounds, the desk is very heavy, and it will require at least two people to properly assemble.
Best Gaming Desks for Storage
1 Convenience Concepts No Tools Student Desk
It is great when you can get a desk that offers more than just a flat surface for your computer items. The Convenience Concepts desk is perfect for students or gamers who want a desk that can fulfill more than one function.
Its poles are stainless steel, the top is a lightweight yet sturdy material, and it is available in assorted colors.
There are multiple sections on each side of the desk that can be used for storage.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Does not require any tools to assemble. Would be easy for one person to assemble.
- Features a section right below the tabletop for storing papers and notebooks. There are four sections (two on each sides) that are also very useful for storage.
- The surface is spacious enough to handle multiple monitors.
- Available in black, blue, espresso, pink and white finishes.
- It is made of a flimsy material, similar to the types of desks and storage containers that are found in college dorm rooms.
- Too much plastic, which means it may not have the longest shelf life.
2 Mainstays Corner Workstation
A gorgeous, wooden computer workstation that can fit into the corner of the room.
It features amble surface space, sections at the top and bottom for storage, and a very sturdy design.
The desk has a cherry finish, with black accents on the sides.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- The design means it can fit into the corners of a room to save space.
- With a composite wood construction and a cherry finish, the desk is not only practical but it is very stylish. It would go great in a bedroom or study.
- There are multiple storage sections to the top of the desk, and they are attached firmly to the main structure.
- Two shelves are present on the bottom, on each side of the table. These shelves are big enough to hold a computer case, printer and other items.
- It is a substantial desk, which means it will require some effort to assemble.
- Given the size of the product, it is not very maneuverable. It is perfect for those who already know where it will go, and do not plan on moving any time soon!
3 HomCom 52” Multi Level Tower Office Workstation Computer Desk
The HomCom multi-level computer desk comes in two colors: black and white. The black is completely one color, while the white finish also includes a significant amount of brown wood to its appearance.
The desk is perfect for gamers who want an area to put all their computer and gaming supplies, along with ample storage space for work or school documents.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- With two pull out drawers on the bottom right side, the desk has enough space to put important files, documents and papers away from sight.
- There is a small section along the bottom of the case where some items could be stored, but it is very narrow and would not fit anything too heavy.
- There are two storage shelves on the left side of the case. These are tall and sturdy enough to fit a computer case, which is very helpful for gamers who do not want it on the floor.
- The desk is missing a pull out keyboard tray, which would greatly help with the available surface area.
- It is hard to put together, with the drawings that come with the product not the most helpful in showing how to attach the various parts.
Best Portable Gaming Desks
1 Lifetime 4428 Height Adjustable Folding Utility Table, 48 by 24 Inches, White Granite
Sometimes the simplest purchase offers the most functionality and value.
If a gamer requires a table that can fit all their gear, but also wants portability, a folding utility table may be the way to go.
Utility tables are very durable, easy to move around, and very spacious. This table is made of Made of powder-coated steel and high-density polyethylene plastic, and features a gorgeous white granite finish.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Extremely durable and weather resistant.
- Folds in half for easy storage and transportation.
- Comes with a carry handle.
- Spacious enough to fit a proper desktop setup.
- No keyboard tray or computer-specific features.
- Would not have enough space for multiple monitors. Best suited to a laptop or single monitor setup.
- While it is pleasant to look at for a utility table, it would look a little out of place as a permanent table in a bedroom or study.
2 Writing Computer Desk Modern Simple Study Desk Industrial Style Folding Laptop Table for Home Office Brown Notebook Desk
At little more than 25 pounds, this Vogue Carpenter writing and computer desk is easy to fold and move around when needed.
Made of MDF, the desk is very solid, durable and its brown texture gives it a simple and stylish look.
It is perfect for using laptops or desktop computers on the go.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- The desk’s appearance is very stylish. The top is brown, while the legs of the desk are black.
- It is very easy to fold or take apart this table for storage and moving around.
- There is enough space on the desk for a full computer setup. However, a multi-monitor setup may be a little tight.
- There is no slide out computer tray, which means using your computer and working on something else simultaneously may be a space issue.
3 Winsome Wood Foldable Desk, Natural
Those who are seeking a desk that is stylish and portable will love the Winsome Wood Foldable Desk.
It features a natural wooden look, and has a slide-out tray for your keyboard.
It is a lightweight desk that is easy to fold up and move around, if you need to use it in different rooms or locations.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Very pleasant appearance for a foldable desk. Looks right at home in any bedroom, living room or study.
- Made of solid beechwood, which means it will last for many years.
- The slide-out keyboard tray ensures you have so much space on the surface for monitors and other items.
- At 30 pounds, it is heavy for a foldable table.
- The top section of the desk is very tall. If you have a chair that does not go as high, you may find the viewing angles a little uncomfortable.
Best Gaming Desks for Multiple Monitors
1 Complete Computer Workstation Desk. Color: Woodgrain
Featuring heavy duty MDF panels, and a moisture resistant PVC laminate veneer, this woodgrain finished computer workstation is perfect for setting up two or three monitors.
A scratch resistant steel frame supports the workstation, ensuring it will remain stable and in great condition for years.
There is more than one way you can set up your different monitors with this workstation.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Ideal for multiple monitors, thanks to the spacious surface area and accessory shelves. One monitor could go on the top accessory shelf, with two more being on the main desk.
- There is also a section at the bottom for keeping the computer case, which is much better than having it on the floor.
- A keyboard slide-out tray means that all your desk area can be dedicated to your multi-monitor setup, instead of worrying about needing space to fit your keyboard there.
- Comes with a five-year limited warranty.
- Very difficult to build. Some customers complained about missing pieces, while others said the holes to fit screws into did not always lien up perfectly.
- Since it is not an L-shaped desk, it may feel a little cramped when you are sitting in your chair and staring at multiple monitors in such close vicinity to each other.
2 Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk
A simplistic design means this Origami computer desk is perfect for any study, living room, bedroom or home office environment. The table even folds within a minute for easy storage, if you need to make space in a room.
It is ideal for a multi-monitor setup, given the spaciousness of its surface area and the bottom shelves that can fit your computer case and other accessories.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- There are three little shelves at the bottom of this desk. A big computer case could easily fit on the right or left side, while you could put a printer or some other accessory in the center.
- The desk may not be L-shaped, but there is more than enough space to have two monitors. You could even go with a three-monitor setup, if you are using one landscape and two portrait-mode monitors.
- No tools are required to setup this Origami case.
- Made of steel and particle wood, ensuring a great aesthetic and impressive durability.
- The design is a bit simple. While some may enjoy the minimalist black look, others may find it is a little drab.
- The lack of a keyboard tray is a big omission, and it is the one feature that would have made this the perfect gaming desk.
3 70″ Computer Desk with Bookshelf, LITTLE TREE
Featuring shelves on the sides for storage, a separate bottom compartment for computer cases of all sizes, and plenty of surface area for multiple monitors, this may be the perfect gaming desk.
Made of thicken wood and metal, and featuring a cherry finish, this desk is equally stylish and practical.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- The combination of black metal legs and the cherry wooden surface area ensures a brilliant aesthetic to this desk. It would go perfectly in the most stylish of rooms.
- The shelves and dedicated area for computer cases means the surface area of the desk can be dedicated to a multi-monitor gaming setup.
- The 70’’ long desk ensures you can set up two or three monitors, all in the same row, and you would still have some space left over.
- The desk can even be split up into a 47’’ computer desk and two 23’’ arc-shaped shelves. Or it can be combined for one gigantic battle station where you can have all your work, school and gaming supplies.
- While the setup instructions were detailed, many users reported struggles with getting the desk assembled. We found it similarly difficult, and you will need another person’s help.
- The desk at 70’’ is so long that it may not even fit in some people’s bedrooms. You may need to split one of the side shelves if your room’s dimensions are not as large.
Gaming Desk Buying Guide
If you are planning to purchase a gaming desk, it is a good idea to know about what features matter the most.
PC gaming is stronger than ever. More people are starting to realize that building a quality PC setup is better than spending money on a console and a 4K TV. Not only do you get better value, but you get far superior performance in gaming.
But what’s the real story about gaming desks? Are they worth the money you will need to spend? Here’s the real story:
Gaming desks are the most important accessory that you can buy for your setup. Along with a gaming chair, your gaming desk will be a key part of your life as a gamer.
A quality gaming desk can make the difference between a setup that feels cramped and uncomfortable, and a setup that feels perfect.
With a gaming desk, you will have your case, monitors, keyboard, mouse and other accessories in the perfect spots.
But what are the key features to consider in a gaming desk?
We often hear people discussing the ergonomics of a piece of furniture or an accessory. But why should people care about ergonomics?
The ergonomics of a gaming desk is the feeling that you get when you are using that desk. Is the monitor the right distance and height from where you are sitting? Do you feel comfortable while you are using the keyboard and mouse? Is there enough room for you to comfortably write on a piece of paper on the same desk?
One of the ergonomic features that you should look out for in a gaming desk is the retractable keyboard tray. These trays are so useful, because they give you a permanent spot to keep your keyboard and/or mouse.
Most keyboard trays are wide enough to fit a full-sized keyboard. But if you have a tenkeyless keyboard, you can even fit your mouse on there.
Space and Shape
What shape is your gaming desk? And how much space is it giving you to operate? These are the important questions you must answer before making a purchase.
Some desks come in a standard shape. In these instances, you will want to ensure the desk is wide and long enough to give you room to keep multiple items on it. For instance, very narrow desks barely have enough space to put a monitor and keyboard, let alone other items.
L-shaped desks are the most popular shape among gamers. They provide so much more room in a space-saving format. The L-shaped desk can easily go in a corner of the room, giving you plenty of space to keep your other furniture and knick-knacks.
Most importantly, the L-shaped desk allows for ample surface area to place multiple monitors and accessories. With L-shaped desks, you usually only need half the desk for your computer setup. Then you can use the other section as a regular working desk.
If you do not go with an L-shaped desk, try to find a desk that features a slide-out keyboard tray. That will ensure ample surface area on the desk for the rest of your set up.
How do you want to blend your storage needs with your computer desk? And does storage even factor into what desk you will end up choosing? Read on to find out!
Ask anyone with a gaming setup, and they will tell you that dealing with wires and accessories can become frustrating.
Most L-shaped computer desks do not have too many areas for storage or keeping wires. That means you will need to figure out how to organize those wires neatly.
But there are gaming desks that offer one or more drawers, or holes that allow you to put cables through them. Such features will ensure you have a very neat setup for all your wires and accessories.
When talking about gaming desks, we can often get away from aesthetics and focus on functionality. While the functionality of a desk is vitally important, we do not want products that are ugly either.
Try to find a gaming desk that compliments the décor of your room. If everything in your room is a certain color or style, you may not want a desk that completely contrasts with that style.
A desk with a glass top and metal frame is perfect for a minimalist or futuristic room setup. A wooden desk is perfect for rooms that look old-fashioned and rustic.
When thinking about aesthetics, do not forget where you will put your computer case. Some heavy-duty L-shaped desks will give you enough room to put your case on top of them. But lighter desks may require you to place the case on the floor. Ensure you find a safe and aesthetically pleasing spot for your computer case to complete your gaming setup.
An underrated component of a gaming desk is how much effort and equipment is required to set it up. Will you require additional equipment to set up your desk, such as drills or screwdrivers? Or will the packaging contain all the tools you need?
Will it take two or three people to set up the desk? Or can one person get the job done on their own? These are questions you must ask before committing to a purchase.
The market for gaming desks is massive. There are so many different options available. You could choose from a glass L-shaped desk, or a traditional wooden desk.
It all depends on your stylistic preferences, how you want your gaming setup to look, how many monitors you will be using, and whether you need to use the desk for other work.
We hope our list helps you choose the best gaming desk in your budget. There are some sensational choices in our list. Reading through it will help you select the desk that best fits your needs.