Gamers with small hands often face a lot of problems, especially when it comes to using a traditional, full-size keyboard.
Are you unable to type at a fast pace? Are you unable to type accurately? Gamers are also unable to play their favorite games without facing any sort of difficulty.
Well, the only solution is to invest in a mechanical keyboard made for people with small hands.
Such mechanical keyboards feature a compact design and are also great for people who are always traveling.
So, how does one know which mechanical keyboard should they purchase?
Well, to find out that, you should continue reading this article as it covers some of the best gaming mechanical keyboards in comprehensive details. You can then choose the option that suits your requirements. It will help make your life a lot easier!
Best Mechanical Keyboards For Small Hands Comparison Table
- Best Mechanical Keyboards For Small Hands Comparison Table
- Top 8 Best Mechanical Keyboards For Small Hands 2020 Reviews
- 1 Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard TENKEYLESS
- 2 Logitech G Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 3 CORSAIR K65 LUX RGB Compact Mechanical Keyboard
- 4 Redragon K552-RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 5 SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL RGB Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 6 E-Element Z-88 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 7 HyperX Alloy FPS Pro – Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 8 Redragon K561 VISNU Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.3 / 5)|
|(4.3 / 5)|
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.2 / 5)|
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.3 / 5)|
|(4.6 / 5)|
Top 8 Best Mechanical Keyboards For Small Hands 2020 Reviews
1 Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard TENKEYLESS
The GMMK is the best keyboard for those who like to try out different switches.
This keyboard allows you to switch between different switches and replace the old ones.
Moreover, you can replace the switches to make your keyboard of the expert level.
The Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard also features hot-swappable switches. As a result, you can use branded switches, including Cherry, Gateron, Zeal, and Kailh switches.
Moreover, with this feature, you no longer have to purchase an entire new keyboard if you want to try out a new switch.
Also, the switches can be changed very easily. All you have to do is simply pop the switch out just like a keycap, and then mix and match whichever switch combination you wish to try out. The switch can be changed in less than 5 seconds.
The GMMK comes with a glorious sandblasted aluminum faceplate. It also features a 100 percent anti-ghosting.
This keyboard also comes with different RGB LED backlighting modes. The keyboard features about 16.8 million color RGB backlight.
Furthermore, it features modular switches, along with double-shot injection keycaps, and minimalistic design. As a result, the GMMK allows users to have full control over the keyboard without needing any prior technical experience.
The GMMK also features a floating keycap design. It also does not feature any visible branding, making it the ultimate minimalistic keyboard.
It also features a standard keycap layout; this way, you can use any aftermarket keycap set.
This Glorious keyboard is made using durable material and is available at an affordable price.
- The GMMK comes with the Hot Swap feature, which allows you to switch between switches easily.
- This keyboard also features a standard layout making it easy to use.
- You can clean the keyboard very easily.
- It features a minimalist design.
- It features bright RGB lighting that you can easily control through your keyboard or via software.
- The GMMK features rattling stabilizers.
- Also, the floating switch design might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- The case quality isn’t that durable and is quite average.
2 Logitech G Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
As the name tells, the Logitech G Pro keyboard is a pro-grade mechanical keyboard.
It is built according to the required specifications of eSports athletes to provide the perfect level of precision, speed, and performance for competition level.
This keyboard features durable Romer G switches. These switches deliver about 25 percent faster actuation compared to other standard mechanical switches. As a result, the keypress is almost instantaneous from the fingers to the screen.
Furthermore, its ultra-portable, sleek, and compact design allows it not to take up much space when placed on the table. You have enough space for mouse movement.
Also, its compact design is the reason why this keyboard is so easy to carry around with yourself to places such as a tournament. This makes it a reliable keyboard.
The Logitech G Pro keyboard also features detachable Micro USB cables. These cables are designed in a three-pronged way so that they provide an easy and secure connection. Also, it provides safer transport in your travel bag.
Moreover, the keyboard comes with a three-step angle adjustment. It also features rubber feet that provide adequate stability during intense games.
- The G Pro keyboard features a small and sleek design.
- It provides quick keystroke responses.
- It features semi-quiet keystrokes.
- This keyboard has an onboard memory that allows you to store custom profiles.
- It also features per-key RGB illumination that supports about 16.8 million colors.
- The unit comes with a detachable USB cable to provide better transportation.
- This keyboard’s macro assignment is limited to function keys only.
- The Logitech G Pro keyboard does not come with any additional USB pass-thru ports.
- It is not equipped with media keys as well.
- It also does not come with a carrying case, which makes it difficult to take around with you.
- The price is comparatively more than other similar models.
3 CORSAIR K65 LUX RGB Compact Mechanical Keyboard
The CORSAIR K65 Lux RGB is a mechanical keyboard that features a compact design. As a result, you can easily and freely move your mouse while gaming.
This keyboard is designed in such a way that it features a 10 keyless (tkl) design. It also features a lightweight aluminum chassis, thus making this keyboard great for traveling.
The frame of this keyboard is made using aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum. As a result, it also offers extreme durability.
The CORSAIR K65 Lux RGB provides advanced lighting control. It comes with large font keycaps that help in delivering dynamic, vivid, multi-color backlighting.
Furthermore, the CUE support feature enables sophisticated macro programming. You can also make use of different dramatic lighting effects and animations for unlimited game customization.
The CORSAIR K65 Lux RGB offers 100 percent CHERRY MX RGB Red key switches. These switches feature gold contacts that provide fast response and precise key presses.
Furthermore, the keyboard also features a full key rollover on USB and a 100 percent anti-ghosting that ensures accurate gameplay.
It also features a USB pass-through port, which provides uninterrupted gameplay. Also, you can use it for your mouse or wireless headset adapter immediately.
Finally, it also features contoured, textured FPS, and MOBA key sets that allow you to keep everything in control.
- The CORSAIR K65 Lux RGB provides high quality RGB color accuracy.
- This keyboard also offers optional FPS (WASD) and MOBA (QWERDF) keycaps.
- The Corsair Utility Engine is designed especially for heavy-duty key reassignment, macros, and vivid lighting effects.
- It is made using a rugged aluminum frame which makes it both lightweight and durable.
- This keyboard also comes with a detachable palm rest.
- It is not the most budget-friendly keyboard option out there.
- In order for the lighting effects to work, the CUE software must run as well.
- It requires two USB ports to run.
4 Redragon K552-RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Redragon K552 KUMARA RGB keyboard features a compact, 87-key design. This allows you to work freely as the keyboard doesn’t take up much space, and doesn’t impact your performance either.
The design isn’t of your average mechanical gaming keyboard. This keyboard is designed to take a beating as it has great ergonomics. These features allow you to be comfortable despite how long you are typing or how intense your gameplay is.
Furthermore, this keyboard offers RGB Advanced Backlight Control. It comes with a vast range of RGB backlight colors along with five different lighting modes for all 87 keys. Moreover, you can create your own custom settings as well.
You can also adjust the backlight brightness, the breathing speed, the backlighting direction, or if needed, you can turn off the illumination completely.
The Redragon K552 KUMARA RGB also offers double-shot injection molded keycaps. As a result, you can experience crystal clear uniform backlighting plus lettering that doesn’t scratch off.
This keyboard also features plate mounted keys. A metal plate is integrated between the switches and the PCB. As a result, the keyboard features a rigid and sturdy platform that is durable and last a long period of time.
It also features custom mechanical switches Outemu which happen to be the Cherry Blue equivalent. These are designed to provide you with longevity, durability, and responsiveness.
Furthermore, the keys offer medium resistance. You not only hear an audible click sound but are also provided with precise tactile feedback for performance.
The Redragon K552 KUMARA RGB is not only a good option of gamers; instead, it can even be used for office work as well. This keyboard features a great typing tool and provides keystroke accuracy, hence why you’re likely to make fewer typos.
- The Redragon K552 KUMARA RGB is a very affordable keyboard.
- It is made using high quality material and id durable.
- It also features an aluminum backplate.
- The Redragon K552 KUMARA RGB features small tenkeyless footprint.
- It also features 12 function keys
- The keyboard offers a number of RGB options in the RGB version.
- The Redragon K552 KUMARA RGB only offers blue switch as an option.
- It also doesn’t come with a detachable USB cable.
- The keycaps are too thin.
- It only features mediocre feet, which makes it a little slippery.
5 SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL RGB Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL RGB features a compact design. This keyboard has a 10-keyless design; as a result, it offers greater ergonomics.
This design also offers optimal spacing between the keyboard and the mouse. As a result, you experience an enhanced range of motion.
It also offers discord chat integration. With this feature, you can get chat notifications. You can customize your keyboard using different lights to indicate new messages, mute status, and more.
The SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL RGB is a favorite of the two-time Esports player of the year Sander’ Vo0′ Kaasjager who is seen going into battle equipped with his Apex M750 TKL.
The keyboard provides you with some exclusive event-based SteelSeriesGameSense lighting. These reactive illuminations respond to different in-game notifications such as low ammo, health, kills, money, etc.
Made using the 5000 Series aluminum metal-alloy, this unit features a frame that is not only simplistic but is also extremely durable as well.
Moreover, the frame features a stunning black matte finish, making it a great centerpiece for your gaming station.
It features the third generation SteelSeries mechanical switches. These QX2 mechanical switches deliver strikingly faster gameplay along with a low force and a linear actuation point as well.
This keyboard also offers all the PrismSync multi-color dynamic lighting effects. You can make use of these effects between all of your SteelSeries Prism-enabled gears.
Furthermore, you can make use of these effects to create your own light shows. This PrismSync feature allows you to boost up the level of your battle station.
- It features an attractive design that is aesthetically pleasing.
- This keyboard features a design which makes it comfortable to use.
- The SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL RGB features a sturdy and rugged build.
- It offers a vast range of dazzling lighting effects.
- It comes with easy software customization.
- It is not an affordable option.
- The SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL RGB does not feature dedicated Media Keys.
- It also does not come with a wrist resting pad.
- The cable is not braided.
6 E-Element Z-88 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The E-Element Z-88 RGB is equipped with the newer version of the Outemu Innovative pluggable Blue Switches.
These switches are designed to provide longevity, responsiveness, and durability. Moreover, these keys offer medium resistance; you are likely to hear an audible click sound while it also offers you with tactile feedback.
Furthermore, this keyboard comes with five spare switches. In case a switch doesn’t work, you can easily replace it.
The E-Element Z-88 RGB features 81 Keys anti-ghosting along with the N-key rollover. As a result, you can use multi-keys simultaneously at high speed.
Also, each key is controlled via an independent switch. So, you can enjoy high-grade games along with a fast response.
The keyboard also includes a preset 10-mode RGB Backlighting as well as Color-Flashing Speed.
In addition, it features double-shot injection molded keycaps that offer crystal clear backlighting, making this keyboard a durable option. Also, it even includes a solid color backlit mode.
The E-Element Z-88 RGB is made to provide both durability and compatibility. It is made using high quality ABS and metal material. It features a matte-finish texture as well as a gold plated USB connector. As a result, this keyboard is both sturdy and robust.
It is compatible with Windows10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Windows XP, and Windows VISTA.
Furthermore, the keyboard features key shortcuts as well as an ergonomic design. Also, you can use multi-media keys such as Fn+F1~F12 for gaming, multimedia controls for entertainment, email, etc.
- The E-Element Z-88 RGB is made using high quality material to provide you with durability.
- It is a great option for those on a strict budget.
- The unit features an ergonomic design.
- This keyboard does not offer customization.
- It can be quite disturbing as it does make a lot of noise.
7 HyperX Alloy FPS Pro – Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro is the perfect fit for FPS gamers. This keyboard features a compact tenkeyless (TKL) keyboard that maximizes the desktop space allowing you to move your mouse freely. It is built in such a way that it features about 87-keys.
Moreover, this mechanical keyboard provides everything that a pro player would need except for a number pad.
The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro features reliable and responsive CHERRY MX Blue and Red key switches.
The frame is made using tough solid steel that ensures stability. As a result, you’ll have a secure platform during intense gameplay.
Moreover, the unit features a minimalistic design as well as a detachable cable. As a result, this keyboard is portable and can easily be carried around.
Also, it includes features such as a variety of game modes and an N-Key rollover. Furthermore, it offers a variety of red lighting and dynamic effects to accentuate the aesthetics of your system.
- The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro features a compact design that allows room for hand movement.
- It is equipped with genuine Cherry MX switches.
- This keyboard comes with a removable cable, which makes it a portable option.
- It does not come with a carrying pouch.
- The rubber feet come with poor adhesive.
8 Redragon K561 VISNU Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Redragon K561 RGB features a compact 87-key design. This layout complements most computer setups and allows you to save desk space for more hand movement.
It is ideal for all those new mechanical keyboard users. This keyboard allows you to experience typing at a fast pace. As a result, you can enjoy better gaming performance. Gamers and office workers both can use this mechanical keyboard.
Moreover, it features blue switches. These switches offer satisfying key travel along with ultra-fast responsiveness. Moreover, it also offers tactile feedback along with an audible click on activation.
These OUTEMU blue switches provide feedback so that you may improve your typing speed and accuracy. This feature gives an edge over your competitors as you are able to get an accurate response.
Apart from that, this keyboard also features adjustable RGB Backlight. It is equipped with about six backlight themes as well as with 18 backlight modes. These allow you to type in the dark easily. Furthermore, you can adjust the brightness lever using function keys.
This keyboard features about 87 standard keys. Apart from that, it also features 100 percent fully anti-ghosting keys as well. These anti-ghosting keys allow the keyboard to deliver reliably accurate performance to users without facing any program error.
- This keyboard is made of high quality material; hence, it features a high quality built.
- The keys are extremely comfortable to use.
- It offers good quality RGB lighting effects.
- The keycaps are removable.
- The keyboard slides when placed on the flat side of the desk.
- It lacks a number pad.
Mechanical keyboards are great for all those who love gaming or are in need of a fast and accurate keyboard.
However, people with small hands are usually unable to use traditional Keyboard. Usually standard-sized keyboards for such people can results in errors and typos. As a result, it’s better to opt for mechanical keyboards that have a compact design.
For now, the best mechanical keyboard for small hands is definitely the CORSAIR K65 Lux RGB Mechanical Keyboard.
It’s a great option for users who want to experience heavy-duty key work.It is a very durable keyboard and offers a long lifespan. It is lightweight and offers some dynamic lighting effects for you to enjoy.
Furthermore, it is very easy to carry around with you and is a great portable option. It’s one of the best mechanical keyboards for small hands that you must consider when making a purchase.